Thursday, December 15, 2005

Micro

After spending sixteen hours in the library yesterday, J.T. Edgeworth appeared to me in a fevered dream. After a lengthy discourse and several examples, I woke up screaming, "THE PARETO SET IS CONNECTED! THE PARETO SET IS CONNECTED! IT HAS NO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLES!"

Apparently the inspiration was sufficient to propel me to victory on the Micro exam. I didn't get everything right, but I had memorized in rote what turned out to be 50% of the exam (mathematical proofs, mind you, not facts). It really paid off to prove seven times that a Radner equilibrium implies an Arrow-Debreu equilibrium, and vice-versa.

The next exam is the worst: Econometrics. Werner is quite an amiable fellow, and I hope he joins us for a beer after administering the exam, but I think I knew more econometrics before he opened his mouth on September 1. I seriously question whether I'll pass this course.

No comments: