Monday, August 13, 2007

I Love The Interweb

This is one rockin' series of tubes. I was introduced to two flippin sweet tubes this morning:
  • Kiva.Org: Microlending for the masses. If you've always wondered how you could get involved in microdevelopment without just throwing money at the problem, click here.
  • Microsoft VirtualEarth. It's not quite as user-friendly as Google Earth, but it does have much higher-resolution imagery for rural areas. For instance, Springwater, where I tented the last two weeks, from MSVE and from Google. It's no contest.
Update: VirtualEarth is even better in urban areas, where their Bird's Eye View feature allows you to count the cracks in the pavement in front of my house (actually, this photo is pretty old; they've since been repaved) or see offseason work being done at Fenway Park.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

which one is hour house?

ali aba

Ben said...

^ <- creepy?


I still have to blregh about the M$ BS. You can defeat many problems by simply throwing money at them (no I haven't read your other post today 0:~D ) - but eventually, in the end, well-done-ness wins out. Google all the way baby. It may be down now, but they'll be back, and better, than M$. Check out their street-level imagery too. I've seen the one driving around town. I almost stopped to wave and follow it but was in a hurry.

Macro Guy said...

Ali -

You stalker.

Anonymous said...

How am i supposed to count the cracks in the pavement in front of your house when I dont' know which house is yours.

-ali baba