Monday, November 2, 2009

A Silent Scream

A Planned Parenthood director in Texas has resigned in response to a spiritual conversion:
Johnson said she realized she wanted to leave, after watching an ultrasound of an abortion procedure. "I just thought I can't do this anymore, and it was just like a flash that hit me and I thought that's it," said Jonhson.
She not only got out of the abortion providing business, but got signed up with an abortion alternatives center down the street.

What might be most interesting about the story, outside of Johnson's personal story, is Planned Parenthood's response to the recession:
According to Johnson, the non-profit was struggling under the weight of a tough economy, and changing it's business model from one that pushed prevention, to one that focused on abortion. "The money wasn't in family planning, the money wasn't in prevention, the money was in abortion and so I had a problem with that," said Johnson. Johnson said she was told to bring in more women who wanted abortions
PP likes to pitch itself as an advocate for women's independence. It shouldn't be a shock that Big Abortion is like any other business - the bottom line trumps the tagline.

2 comments:

David Golding said...

You have linked to a photo of my son from your weblog. Please remove this link and do not display my photo on your weblog. Thank you.

Macro Guy said...

Apologies; I thought it was a stock photo.