Monday, September 4, 2006

Ready, Steady...

I'm getting ready to slingshot into orbit in the new semester. I'll be taking three courses (Macro, Labor, and International) and teaching one ("the class on class"). It so happens that all of these classes are jammed into a 50-hour marathon from 2:00 on Monday to 4:00 on Wednesday. The rest of the week will be a battle to read reams of papers - of the erudite variety and of the freshman variety.

So far this weekend I've moved back to my home in Rochester from Boston, finished the grocery shopping graciously begun by my mother, gone to church, cleaned the house (which probably hasn't been done since my mother did that in May, also graciously), and fixed my bike's rear wheel. The last was a real accomplishment: it's the first time I've replaced spokes or trued a wheel, which I did using the equipment across the street at Ant Hill. Still to do: talk to a professor, buy some clothes, and get ready to look and act like a professor.

5 comments:

cory said...

just don't lose the bike in a river this time...

i'm glad you're back to school.

Anonymous said...

I think you should move in with the hippies.

ali baba

Anonymous said...

i can't believe i have 3 classes with you. ugh.

Anonymous said...

even moreso, i can't believe i didn't have a choice to pick another class besides those 3

Macro Guy said...

Yeah, well our class apparently enjoyed last year's sense of unity and togetherness so much that we're all doing the same classes again this year.