- Slow the growth of Social Security for the rich.
- Reduce or remove Medicare for the rich.
- Means-test the DC Scholarship Program, and swing the money from providing a wide choice of colleges to affluent college students to providing a wide choice of elementary schools for poor kids.
- Remove farm subsidies for wealthy farmers.
- Cut Freddie Mac & Fannie Mae loose from the Federal apron-strings.
- Eliminate corporate welfare for favored corporations (like GE) or industries (like solar panels).
Wednesday, September 28, 2011
Means-Test Your Way Out of Debt
Marc Thiessen spends a column on the Republican House laundry list of spending cut wishes. Citing mostly Paul Ryan, he checks off a familiar litany of wasteful Washington: