Friday, September 22, 2006

Student Poets: Rkiya Bouya

Original in English. This poem was written as a goodbye note to one of the teachers at the Centre Tariq Ibn Zyad this summer, in keeping with the Moroccan tradition of expressing gratitude to teachers.

My Best Teacher

Let me say this modest word
That you are my best teacher
When you laugh you look like a flower
You know? You have the nicest smile in the world

You know how to treat your students
You consider them as your brothers and sisters
Really I passed with you an unforgetable thirty days
But I feel these days are very short, like thirty seconds

I wrote this poem to express my deep feelings
That I could not support your separation
But this is life, I wish you good luck and good situation
And that God keep you when the sun lies down and when it rises

Previous posts in this series include one by Rkiya, one by Mohamed Mehra, and two by Khadija Aamari.

No comments: