Friday, April 14, 2006

OK, Soup

So I rebelled agains the system and had soup last night. At midnight. From a can. Plus some canned spinach and leftover fettucine with red sauce. So in a mission to expand my culinary "arts", here's a few recipes I plan to try sometime soon (mostly, I'm posting this so I can keep the links somewhere):
  • Chowdah. I'm from New England, I should know how to make this. And I think clams are gummy unless expertly cooked, so I'll stick to cod chowdah.
  • Hummus. Making this at home is a lot cheaper than buying it, and it's a good thing to bring to appetizer parties to show off my Lebanese heritage.
  • Shake 'n' Bake chicken. Just cuz I have a hand-me-down package of Shake 'n' Bake from Mistie's roommate. And this shows you just how artistic my culinary arts presently are.
  • Ditto with pot roast-in-a-bag or whatever it's called.
  • Lasagna. Looks too difficult! My fridge won't fit all those ingredients.
OK, that's probably enough for this year. I'm feeling overwhelmed already.

2 comments:

Hope said...

*Laugh*

I made pizza the other night with rolls that weren't cooked all thru...someone tried to microwave one and set it on fire by accident...I labor on in pursuit of the gourmet but I think that God's will is against me in this. Good luck!

Macro Guy said...

Add to my list above French vegetable soup/puree, for which a recipe is anathema.