Monday, July 23, 2007

The Building

A great deal of my summer will be invested in renovating the newly acquired home of Trinity Communion Church. The Democrat & Chronicle ran a short news item about us yesterday. The most amazing thing: by God's grace, we got the building for a song - $475,000, according to the D&C.

I couldn't find a picture of the building on the 'net - I'll provide one at some point. But I've been inside, and it's incredible: four stories, built into the side of a hill, with a Gothic-revival sanctuary from the 1920's at the very top, replete with stained-glass and bas-relief images of saints and their symbols. A good deal more work needs to go into it, but by September 9th it should be beautiful again.

2 comments:

Ben said...

This is me finding it ironic that a protestant group is so focused on saints and symbols and ....
It almost sounds Roman Catholic. (I would have left it at "Catholic", but the capitalized "C" wouldn't have made it clear enough that I was referring to the group who follows the pope, and true "catholics" might have been bothered or offended.)
less-than slash bitterness greater-than .... I'll be done now.
(sorry, it's a rough day.)


... seriously, don't take offense at this, I do find it interesting and also it totally has been one of those days.




but congrats on the new building, I'm very excited for you guys. (very seriously I am)

Macro Guy said...

Well, considering my church is catholic (we recognize the universal, i.e. catholic) and not protestant (we're not protesting anything), it's not so surprising.