Monday, March 12, 2007

Back from Break

I enjoyed the sunny, balmy glories of the Old People State this weekend. Actually, I spent most of my time with old friends, not old people, so that was good.

Nature highlight: Fort De Soto State Park at daybreak. I was tired after a 1-hour-of-sleep night in airports, but there's nothing like a quiet waterfront and a sunrise to help you wake up (also, a nap on the beach helped).

Baseball highlight: The inexplicable Red Sox - Tigers almost brawl. That crowd was totally into the game, and apparently the players were too. Sox won, 7-6.

Beach highlight: Awesome sandcastle on Clearwater Beach. Big group effort; great result.

Randomness highlight: Being mistaken for a homeless guy in the airport by some Canuck kids. They gave me 23 cents (Canadian) while I tried to nap on the floor at 3am. I ended up playing frisbee with them in the deserted baggage claim.

No comments: