Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Name of the Year

Thanks to Soxaholix for pointing out the 21st Name of the Year balloting. Download, fill out, and email in your bracket from here.

I sent Zaire Kitchen, Quantum McDonald, Phyre Quickly Burns, and tourney favorite Vanilla Dong to the Final Four. Giving more weight to first names (since they're more subject to choice), I have LeQuantum losing to Phyre Quickly in the final. In earlier rounds, Zaire had knocked out top-seeded Intelligent Infinite Botts and Gertrude Nipple in the tough Bulltron Region, while Vanilla Dong skated through an easy Chrotchtangle Region and Phyre Quickly iced 1-seed Yourhighness Morgan and dark horse Leftonred Atanycorner to emerge from Dragonwagon Region. My biggest upset has 16th-seed Eugene Heavy Runner knocking off Mario Hilario in the Sithole Region. Eugene is promptly unseated by Wisdom Bleboo, who I have losing to LeQuantum in the regional final.

Disagree with my picks? Make your own! All the names come from news articles culled by the NOTY people throughout the year. Past winners, from Hector Macho Camacho (1983) to Princess Nocandy (2006) are here. Check back on April Fools Day for this year's winner!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My hardest choice was between vanilla dong and Bung Mac. Although Kyle Sackrider is my far and away favorite because I can't help but giggle like a 3rd grader whenever I hear his name (alhtough maserati jemison is such a bad-ass name that I felt bad picking against him).

ali baba