Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Introducing: Curt Schilling

Not to be outdone by Rob Bradford for putting inside access into the blogosphere, Boston's own Curt Schilling has a blog: 38 Pitches. I'm hoping that signifies only the number on his back, not his opening day pitchcount in a few weeks.

Schill is not a man of few words, but there's plenty of interest to the news-hungry fan. From his first two posts:
On throwing the change-up: Things go well through the first three innings, and I throw ten changeups in that time. I literally feel like I’m throwing the first two left-handed. This is such a different pitch for me, and it’s taken three years to convince my body and arm to sync up. It’s still a work in progress, but after the first two changeups I feel as if the next five or six are very good. I even get a swing and a miss. Twenty-one years into my professional career, and I get my first swing and miss at a changeup in spring training. It feels like a national holiday.
It looks like he'll mostly write about baseball and online gaming (for his company, 38 Studios). But he's leaving other avenues open:
That’s not to say I’ll be preaching from the pulpit–far from it. Being a major league baseball player does not give me keen insight into politics, education, or anything else for that matter. It does give me insight and knowledge about baseball, about being part of a team, about excelling at something not many people can. Beyond that my thoughts and beliefs are my own and for the most part pretty normal.
This should be an interesting ride. Hat tip to Dirt Dogs.

No comments: